One of the main things that sets the Vancouver International Swordplay Symposium apart from other events are our intensive workshop series’. Intensives allow you to work with one instructor on a single discipline or art for as many as 10 hours over the course of the VISS weekend. Further, to support this year’s theme “This vs This” we are linking intensives into paired tracks that will let you explore two dimensions of a given discipline or art.
This year’s intensive pairs include:
Vadi & Fiore (Italian longsword & related disciplines)
- Greg Mele, Chicago Swordplay Guild, Chicago
- Devon Boorman, Academie Duello, Vancouver
German Swordmanship Technical and Tactical (German longsword, messer & related disciplines)
- Christian Tobler, Selohaar Fechtschule, Connecticut
- Bill Grandy, Virginia Academy of Fencing, Virginia
Fabris and his legacy (rapier)
- John O’Meara, Chicago Swordpaly Guild, Chicago
- Reinier Van Noort, Fekteklubben Frie Duellister, Norway
Grappling East & West, Armed and Unarmed (sword & unarmed)
- Marco Quarta, Nova Scrimia, San Francisco
- Ellis Amdur, Araki-ryu and Toda-ha Buko-ryu, Seattle
Read full descriptions of the intensives on our schedule page!
Stay tuned as we begin to announce this year’s single topic workshops and lectures in the coming weeks!
Registration is Now Open!
Be sure to get registered for VISS. Space is limited and this event sells out! Be sure to get your spot and early bird discount before January 16th.