Update: we’ve extended the deadline!
VISS 2017 planning is well underway, but one thing we still need is a fantastic design for this year’s T-shirts.
We are now accepting entries to the VISS 2017 T-Shirt design contest. Entries will be accepted from now until midnight on
Friday, September 30 Friday, October 14. The winner will receive a three-day symposium pass to VISS 2017!
We are looking for an original design which captures the essence of VISS, so it must relate to historical European martial arts or swordplay in general. We also like to see entries which express this year’s theme (“This vs. That”) and/or incorporate the city of Vancouver.
Here are the specs for the design:
- The submitted design must be minimum 300 DPI and measure at least 6 inches wide by 6 inches tall.
- The design MUST work on both light and dark backgrounds.
- Entries should be submitted as JPG/JPEG or TIF/TIFF (flattened), RGB colour space, and no larger than 80 MB.
- The winning designer will need to be able to submit a layered file (.PSD, .EPS, .AI) of the selected design.
- No stock art, clip art, or copyrighted material.
- The T-shirt template can be downloaded here.
Designs can be submitted by email to email@example.com. The winner will be contacted by email and the winning design will be announced on the VISS website and social media in early October. VISS passes do not include travel costs or accommodation.